Thursday, April 29, 2010

4/28/10

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #25 - I just realized, because they went biweekly for a minute there, here we are at the calendar end of this title's second year, really the launch of the third and certainly a definitive and rousing mission statement for 2.0, point being, this entire team has rocked this assignment and turned out one of the superior and tightest runs in the character's history, and we're on like Week 103 or 104 right now, since that not so coincidental startdate, the first Wednesday after the movie rolled out.

Rambling, obviously.

Um. This issue serves as an impressive example of that old saw, the Perfect Jumping On Point. I eagerly await a Fraction/Downey Jr. panel at the next SD or post-SDCC, surely the best rest possible yield of the massive media integration. Hard to keep it all straight, though, buy this one, children, it will charm you the way you like.

X-FORCE #26 - Ah, it's all very well done, but a dear friend of mine spilled the beans, so I couldn't help but just be on the lookout for one of my all-time favorite X-Men to take a dive, so, a shame really, and it just seems arbitrary and contrived to me just now. Nein.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #605 - Strong finish, which, of course we're expecting from the Bru. Wondering what gear we're going to be kicking into here and now, in this post-SIEGE SECRET AVENGERS kind of world. Exciting times. Maybe Epting should possibly wade back in, I mean, come on now.

****

BEST OF WEEK: FANTASTIC FOUR #578 - Of course. Hickman, out of nowhere on the recap page, tells us that Blastarr's annexation of 42 is the beachhead of the fourth city, and you know what, I really even refuse to cite anything else about this comic because everyone should experience it for themselves, it remains (even with Morrison maintaining his skewed BATMAN run) my favorite monthly periodical of the moment. Everyone needs to be buying this. If you were here with me now, I would be trying to choke you with this. To get ready for the next time I see you, prepare copies of this issue to ward off same, like garlic with vampires. Read this book, you need it as badly as it needs you.

________________

And how about this being an all-Marvel week, literally not a DC book worth the price? This is the last week that's going to be the case for some time, I'm positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment